Ballast Tank Coatings
Epo-chem™ RS 500P and Epo-chem™ RA 500M
Ballast tanks and double bottoms are areas of complex steel structure with poor access and permanent condensation. Chemco’s solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant primer Epo-chem™ RS 500P and solvent-free, wet tolerant, glassflake epoxy topcoat Epo-chem™ RA 500M are perfectly suited for small patch repairs or complete refurbishment.
This solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant system has passed independent tests for IMO Resolution MSC.215(82) for application in sea water ballast tanks on bare steel, shop primed steel and uniquely on wet & rust steel.
Millions of square metres of this revolutionary coating system have now been applied in sea water ballast tanks by almost all major shipping companies throughout the world.
- Solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant primer
- Solvent-free, wet tolerant glassflake topcoat
- Surface preparation standard: as low as St 2, WJ-4
- No dew point or humidity restrictions
- Lloyds Class 1 “BWT Repair and Maintenance”
- IMO MSC.215(82) New Build
- Application in dry dock, quayside or at sea
- Outstanding adhesion to rusty or poorly prepared and wet surfaces
- Significantly reduced Health & Safety and Fire Hazard
- No recoating limitations
- Ballast within 8 hours
- Comprehensive guarantees - even on patch repairs
- Compatible with almost all protective coatings, including shop primers and coal-tar epoxies
After Surface Preparation Applying Stripe Coat Applying Topcoat Completed Application