Epo-chem RS 500P
Two pack solvent-free, wet and rust tolerant epoxy primer.
Epo-chem™ RS 500P is a solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant primer or primer-finish epoxy system. The use of special sacrificial fillers enables the system to be applied to surface standards as low as WJ-4, St 2. The system’s long-term performance is based on completely sealing (porous-free film) and arresting the rust totally.
It is typically applied as a 1-coat system which can be over coated by itself or with the topcoat Epo-chem™ RA 500M.
|Sea Water Ballast (Lloyd's Register & ABS Approved)||Crude Oil (ABS Certified)|
|Potable Water (NSF & FDA Certified)||Refined Oil (Diesel/Petrol)|
|Grey/Black Water||Cargo (Food Contact Approval)|
Applying RS 500P on a sweating and wet substrate
- Solvent-free (odourless), wet & rust tolerant primer or primer-finish epoxy system
- Tested and Certified by NSF for fresh drinking water applications. Epo-chem™ RA 500 or RA 500M is used as the topcoat
- Flexibility on the surface preparation standards or method, i.e. the most convenient method depending on availability or cost, e.g. grit blast, wet blast, HP water jetting (500-800 bars), UHP or mechanical (St 2 - St 3)
- Can be applied directly on top of shop primers
- Apply in any environmental condition, no humidity restrictions - can be applied on sweating and soaking wet substrates
- Extensively used for internal tank linings, ballast tanks or confined spaces
- No overcoating limitations
- No requirements for dehumidification, ventilation or heating (substantial cost savings)
- Reduced H&S and Fire Precaution
- Long-term corrosion protection (new MIO-Zinc technology)
- Excellent adhesion to rusty or poorly prepared and wet surfaces (>1200psi)
- One coat (without the topcoat) protects the substrate in excess of 10 years (independent test certificates available)
- Zero VOC, no fire hazard or odour
- Can be applied as a single high-build coat (up to 250 microns per coat)
- Can be utilised for outside contracts in inclement weather condition reducing downtime
- Very good workability and easy to apply by brush, roller or spray
- Ideal as a repair system on existing coatings as it is compatible with almost all protective coatings, including coal-tar epoxies
- Sufficient UV resistance and colour stability; can be overcoated with coloured topcoats
|Application on a rusty surface in a ballast tank||Application on a rusty surface||Application directly on shop primed surface|
Below are the relevant data sheets relating to RS 500P. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
Below are the relevant documents relating to RS 500P. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
Below are the relevant certificates relating to to RS 500P.
RS 500P's Properties
|Primary duties||Solvent-free primer|
|Primary characteristics||Wet & Rust tolerant. NSF Certified for fresh drinking water applications|
|Maximum humidity||There are no humidity or dew point restrictions|
|Maximum immersed temperature||60°C|
|Maximum non-immersed temperature||°C|
|Minimum time to touch dry||8 hrs|
|Maximum overcoat time||Unlimited|
|Typical dry film thickness (dft) per coat||150µ|
|Colour range available||Limited range of colours is available|
RS 500P's Case Histories
The table below shows the 5 most recent case histories for this product. You can view the entire case history for this product by clicking here.
|Company||Location||Job Description||Industry||Date of Job|
|IQA Operations Group Ltd||UK||Structural Repair||Industrial||07/2018|
|Radiance of the Seas||Swimming Pool Repair||Marine||07/2018|
|Bosun's Locker||Spain||Structural Repair||Marine||07/2018|
|Wood Group||UK||Structural Repair||Petrochemical||07/2018|
|Alfa Diving||Netherlands||Structural Repair||Industrial||07/2018|
RS 500P's Related Case Studies
The table below shows the most recent case studies for this product.
RS 500P's Related Photo Galleries
Click any of the gallery links to start browsing the photo gallery.
RS 500P's Related Videos
The table below shows the most recent videos for this product.